Monday, October 02, 2006

A sensible story...

Yesterday night, while waiting for some members of a mountain climbing organization where I belong, an April 2002 issue of Reader's Digest caught my eyes...pages 59-65, "A Funny Thing Happened on My Way to Emmys" and it was written by Karen Duffy herself.

I like some lines there, like...

"It's amazing what you find when you love something ...made me realize that I want to devote my remaining resources to living an honourable life."

"...at the extremity of life, people really become fully who they are."

and the lines of her good friend Helen...

"When you're prepared to die, that's when you really find out how to live."

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

very interesting blog...

11:16 AM  
Blogger tHe ReTaRd said...

"When you're prepared to die, that's when you really find out how to live."

just like what the Lone Wolf, Itto Ogami said...the way of the samurai is...TO LIVE TO DIE

8:27 PM  
Blogger joy eugene modesto said...

"When you're prepared to die, that's when you really find out how to live."

its really true, you don't really recognize the value of any existence until it's gone.

10:53 PM  
Blogger magic96 said...

I had a subscription of Reader's Digest from 1998 to 2004. Their articles are mostly true and are rarely fictitious. It is always based on the everyday life. Stories like success, heroism, charity, humor, life and the like. Their arcles always touched me and make me a better person. They encouraged me as well as gave me knowledge and wisdom and mostly inspire me. Some short stories are even made it to the big screen like BAT 21, Killing Fields, Last Plane Out, etc. The first article that I always browse to when I have a new copy is the Word Power. Then, the Laughter the Best Medicine. There's always a humor line after each article. I recommend to read on more of Reader's Digest.

Death is the beginning of eternal life. I feared it but I'm prepared to faced it. Many times I had a face to face encounter with death but I usually survive. Outsmarting them is the key to survival in a job that nobody understands. Its not just my time yet.

6:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home